Reydon Primary School
‘high quality learning at the heart of the community’
Statement of Curriculum Intent
At Reydon Primary School, our curriculum is designed to ensure our learners are prepared for life as successful, useful and socially responsible citizens of the diverse and everchanging world that awaits them.
Our intent is that:
- Our children experience a broad and balanced curriculum which is accessible to all and provides stimulating, exciting and creative learning experiences which foster and encourage a love of learning. Within this, Key Stage 1 children will focus on the skills needed to read write and use mathematical knowledge, ideas and operations.
- Our carefully sequenced and coherent curriculum provides children with the opportunity to build on their life experiences so far, in order to achieve goals outlined in the national curriculum, enabling them to transition seamlessly to the local high schools.
- Our children see life beyond the village in which they live and are motivated to be aspirational in their own ambitions through quality, first-hand experiences within their learning.
- Through a focus on the Reydon 5Rs (learning behaviours of Resilience, Risk Taking, Relationships, Resourcefulness and Reflectiveness), and the inspirational people linked to them, our children will aspire to be creative, independent and tolerant thinkers, prepared for any challenge presented to them. The curriculum uses our learning behaviours as the cohesive glue which links their learning to the skills they will need for the future workplace.
- Our children are challenged and supported to embrace academic study and research, which takes into account their prior learning and provides them with the oracy skills and knowledge to explore and articulate high level ideas. This will be delivered within a safe and secure learning culture which promotes ‘high challenge – low threat’. The success of our curriculum will be judged on what the children have learned and not on what they have been taught, using pupil voice as the key measure of its effectiveness.
- As our children do not live within diverse communities, our curriculum will provide a social and cultural understanding of local, national and global societies to equip them with the knowledge and understanding necessary to be responsible world citizens .
- Our staff are provided with appropriate, quality professional development and dialogue resulting in high achievement for all children.
- The curriculum will support the physical and mental wellbeing of our children, enabling them to lead active and fulfilling lives.
Reydon Primary School seeks to promote a tolerant and informed view of the world and holds no political, cultural or religious affiliations.
Please see our curriculum pages for information about the learning at Reydon Primary. If you require any further information, please contact the relevant subject coordinators for further information.
English and PSHE - Miss Prindible
Maths - Mrs Tucker
Science - Mrs Robinson
History and Geography - Mrs Grimmer
RE - Mrs Pigney
Art and DT - Mrs Read
PE and Music- Mrs Ellis
MFL - Mrs Viner
Computing - Mrs Hurren
Each term, the individual class pages are updated with the currciulum map for each year group detailing the content and skills taught for each subject. If you have any questions regarding these, please speak to your child's class teacher.